Monday, August 9, 2010

Blinded

At the time I wrote this poem, I thought I was writing it for someone else. Reading it now, I've come to find out it was actually about my journey and the light I've found within myself.

This is a strange place, our galaxy.
Feels like deja vu, think I've been here before.
It's here I saw the supernova,
the explosion of my star.

It lit me up like fire,
and shook me to my core.

The secret is my soul is lighter,
in pieces up here.
In white silence it floats without gravity,
It knows not time or fear.

I follow your glaring brightness,
though it has its high's and low's.
I wish I could catch it,
like a firefly in a jar, it glows.

When darkness tries to take me,
Your light pulls me even more.
Yet you sleep soundly on the tail of a comet,
Riding out its roar.

By daylight what I see in the mirror
is like magic or something taboo,
My reflection is different
And the scars, they faded too.

Next time I sleep,
I'll look for the light.
I'll hold on to the fire,
I'll put up a fight.

I'll float without gravity, uncontrolled
In search of that thing you have
That glitters like gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment